- Our North Vancouver building uses Urban Impact for Recycling: https://urbanimpact.com
- All of our locations implement proper waste management procedures and this initiative continues to grow, expand and evolve as we go along
- Recycle our Gift Cards
- Paper retail bags, no plastic bags
- Paper Recycling & Paperless Initiatives:
- Shred It: https://www.shredit.com/
- Iron Mountain Shredding: ironmountain.ca
- Electronic Guest Receipts
- In person & electronic email communications with Team Members instead of print
- Digital Charting and Intake Forms
- Quench ~ Eco Friendly water coolers: https://quenchwater.com
- Energy efficient lighting (LED)
- 99% installed in our Langley location
- LED installed in all track lighting and light features in our North Vancouver, Pan Pacific & Body&Salt locations
Our linens are professionally laundered with a local company called Ecotex. Additionally, within the Spa Utopia Group, when our linens can no longer be used in treatments, we donate them to homeless shelters, and animal shelters.
- Since 2007, we’ve cut energy consumption by a third and reduced our fresh water usage by more than 65%. How refreshing is that?
- Ecotex laundry processes minimize environmental impact using technology and industry best practices for reusing, reclaiming and recycling resources.
- For the past eight years Ecotex has implemented state-of-the-art procedures saving over 60 million gallons of water every year. These environmental achievements have earned Ecotex certification as a Clean Green® company by the TRSA.
- At Ecotex we’ve invested in:
- Heat recapture technologies for our boiler and wastewater systems;
- Proprietary water reuse systems; plastics recycling;
- NPE- free detergents;
- Low temperature wash chemistry:
- Process reviews that decrease our environmental footprint.
- Our results are benchmarked in the nationwide Laundry Environmental Stewardship Program. LaundryESP® is a voluntary compliance program between the industry’s Textile Rental Services Association (TRSA) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- In 2014 Ecotex received the Rotary Environmental Leadership Award from the Rotary Club for its success as a Water Saver between 2009 through 2013.
- Learn more about our Environmental Leadership.
- We use ERA era.ca to dispose of any old computer equipment
- They repurpose and reuse the equipment and send to charities as a donation for use or dispose of in a responsible manner if it can’t be reused
- Ethically sourced
- Sourcing only the finest ingredients and purest extracts for it’s essential oils
- Committed to a mindful approach to the origins of all oils and botanicals, plus the worker’s well being, as well as lending a helping hand to various global community projects
- Holistic spa products and treatments with the highest respect for authenticity and quality using the best natural ingredients: including phyto essences, essential oils, minerals, herbal extracts, algae, marine elements and wild-crafted mud.
- Committed to a long-term strategy for sustainability through product development, packaging and making responsible business choices each day by using wild crafted, natural and organic ingredients, recyclable materials and Carbon Neutral Printing
- A 50% reduction of outer carton packaging over the last two years
- Incorporation of glass bottles where possible
- Recyclable packaging and components
- Recyclable paper from certified sustainable forests for outer retail carton packaging
- Carbon Neutral Printing. Reduces greenhouse gas (carbon dioxide) emissions; decreases the use of raw materials, shipping and energy consumption and helps reduce toxic waste
- Recyclable/biodegradable packing materials
- Reduction of printed product brochures and materials. Corporate and brand brochures will be made available for online viewing in 2014
- Using wildcrafted, natural and organic ingredients
- Partnering with suppliers who are mindful of the importance of green and sustainable practices
- Educate our staff and partners about the benefits of sustainability
- Corporate recycling program of all paper, bottles, cans, packing materials and cartons
- Using environmentally-friendly cleaning products
- Active members of the Green Spa Network
- Low-waste beauty starts with consumption. Saying no to marketing that makes you feel less than and yes to inclusive advertising that invites you to buy mindfully and minimally: When you’re ready to replenish or replace the old with the new—not before, and never impulsively. And with packaging that can be reused and recycled (and even planted), that waste-free future is within reach.
- Our products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. They’re over 75% organic, but we always choose fair trade over organic when we can’t have both because it’s important to us that our farmers and their workers are paid fairly and operate safely. Organic certification is so expensive, farmers may compromise the integrity of their operation to achieve it—and that’s not okay with us.
- Over 75% of our packaging is reusable, recyclable or plantable (we’re working on the other 25%), and all of our packaging can be returned to us (for free), so we can refill it or recycle it for you.
Changing the Industry Together
697,000+ PLASTIC PACKAGES SAVED from landfills with our recycling program
157,500+ GARDENS GROWN from our seed paper packaging
15,000+ TREES PLANTED from customer orders – one for every order
$27,000+ DONATED to social and environmental causes in 2020
Certifications / affiliations:
- B Corporation
- LEAPING BUNNY
- BEAUTY WITHOUT BUNNIES
- THINK DIRTY APP
- B Corporation
- Carbon neutral since 2018
- Scientific garden to support regeneration
- R+D Laboratory
- Ethio Trees
- Slow food presidia
- Plastic Bank
- Sustainable salon master course
- I sustain beauty
- 1% for the planet
- Davines Village – Parma Italy
Kevin Murphy Hair
- We maintain our commitment to the environment issues that affect us. We create products with a conscience that does no harm to our environment by utilizing packaging that is recyclable or biodegradable.
- We use Sulfate free surfactants
- We use AHA’s or fruit acids derived from Papay, citrus and cane sugar
- Ocean Waste Plastic | kevinmurphy.com.au
Coola SPF and Skin Care
- We are deeply commuted to improving the health and safety of out communities, waterways, and habitats through responsible ingredients
- Sourcing sustainable packaging wherever possible
- Recyclability – over 75% of our cosmetic containers are fully recyclable, goal of making our containers 100% recyclable by 2023
- Plastic reduction – reduce plastic and carbon footprint all our tubes are made with sustainably sourced sugar-cane resin
- Cruelty free
- Farm to face – sustainable farming and support local communities
- Reef friendly
- Non GMO
- COOLA® Suncare | Healthy suncare people love to wear!
- Local independent brand to BC
- Vegan – formulated without ingredients derived from animals to promote a healthy lifestyle and reduce environmental impact
- No Nasties – only all natural ingredients
- 100% biodegradable – formulated with biodegradable ingredients that break down into simple components that are harmless to the environment
- Cruelty free – test each product in our home
- Local independent brand to BC
- All our products are cruelty free! Animal testing is never ok, and we test only on willing human participants.
- Leaping Bunny certified, cruelty free company
- Use only the highest quality nontoxic and natural ingredients
- locally made in Kelowna BC
- Conscious choices in all we do including ingredients, packaging, shipping, and manufacturing.
- Straight-up natural goodness in seductive scents. (barefootvenus.com)
Soap So Co.
- Edmonton, Alberta
- We’re making artistically designed, handcrafted soaps that are sustainable, 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
Spa Rituals Nail Care
- 100% vegan
- Organic fair-trade ingredients
- Sustainable beauty brand
We have more exciting green initiatives underway in house to accelerate reducing our carbon footprint. We will share everything new with you as together, we continue to grow green!